As a Brooklyn orthodontist, I use digital scanning and state-of-the-art software to create a custom treatment plan for every patient. My goal is to not only straighten the teeth, but to also achieve a strong, functional bite, facial balance, and better oral health.
Spark Clear Aligners help my team and I take it a step further. We can have the precise number of aligners you need printed, and they’re fabricated for your smile and your smile only.
What are Spark Aligners?
Spark Clear Aligners are removable, custom aligners made with an innovative aligner material called TruGEN™. The material delivers gentle, sustained force to shift teeth into place and provides excellent contact with the surface area of each tooth.
Spark Aligners are clearer and stain less than other options. They also have polished, scalloped edges that make wearing them more comfortable.
When it comes to Spark Aligners vs. Invisalign®, both brands can create outstanding results in the hands of an experienced orthodontist. However, I like the cosmetic and comfort benefits that Spark Aligners give my patients, and I find they work just as well or better than other solutions.
The Smile Design Process
- Comprehensive Assessment: You’ll visit Fresh Orthodontics in Brooklyn for a complimentary consultation. At this visit, we’ll take digital x-rays, and I’ll perform an exam to assess your teeth, gums, and bite. I’ll also chat with you about your smile concerns and goals. Based on this information, I’ll develop a diagnosis. Unlike clear aligners you can buy online, orthodontist-led treatment ensures the underlying cause of your malocclusion (bad bite) is identified and corrected to give you stable results.
- Facial Analysis: I’ll look closely at the shape of your face, your profile, and your lips, cheeks, nose, and chin. This lets me design a broad smile that’s harmonious with your facial features from every angle.
- Digital Treatment Planning: A team member will take digital scans of your teeth and gums to create a computerized, 3D model of your mouth. I’ll plan your treatment directly on the model, moving each individual tooth into its ideal place based on the other teeth, gums, jaw, lips, and cheeks. I’ll position the upper teeth so they follow the curve of the lower lip and bring the edges of the bottom teeth parallel with the bottom lip. While I typically plan to have the midline of your front top teeth directly centered, sometimes, depending on your features, shifting it slightly to one side creates the appearance of facial symmetry. In addition to the aesthetic considerations, I’ll also map out your treatment to optimize the way the upper and lower teeth come together (your bite). Aligning the jaws helps bring your temporomandibular joints (TMJs) and chewing muscles into their proper positions for better function and health. With the software, I can simulate different outcomes, finetune every detail, and troubleshoot potential problems in advance. For example, if I see that achieving a specific tooth movement will need a certain amount of space, I can stage your treatment to make it happen as efficiently as possible.
- Smile Preview: Using the 3D model, I’ll visually walk you through the stages of your treatment and show you a preview of the outcome. Seeing the end goal can be incredibly motivating!
Your Spark Aligner Treatment
- Auxiliaries: I can use Spark Clear Aligners to correct an overbite, underbite, crossbite, open bite, spacing, crowding, and overjet. While some issues like a simple case of spacing can be fixed with clear aligners alone, others will need auxiliaries like tooth-colored attachments and/or elastics. The composite attachments are bonded to your teeth and act like handles for the aligners to push off in order to achieve more complex tooth movements. Sometimes, aligners will also be combined with elastics. The elastics attach to the upper and lower arch, providing connective forces to correct the bite.
- Custom Spark Aligners: The Spark lab will use my digital treatment plan to fabricate a series of clear aligners. There is a lot of flexibility. Whether you want limited treatment for a minor cosmetic touchup or comprehensive care for a complex case, I can have the exact number of aligners you need printed. The aligners will be programmed with my prescribed tooth movements. Each set will move certain teeth, so as you make your way through the series, your smile will take shape bit by bit. You’ll wear your Spark Clear Aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day, taking them out to eat, drink most beverages aside from water, and brush and floss your teeth. Depending on your treatment plan, you’ll change to a new set of aligners every one to two weeks. If you have elastics, I’ll give you instructions for wearing them. These too are usually worn for about 22 hours per day for either part of your treatment or the whole thing.
- Checkups: A big benefit of Spark Aligner treatment is that you can go longer between in-person office visits. You’ll come in for checkups every eight weeks or so. These visits are quick and easy. I’ll simply assess your progress and make any tweaks if necessary.
- Retention: When your treatment is finished, the Fresh Orthodontics team will help you celebrate. We’ll take one last set of digital scans that will be used to create custom clear retainers. Wearing your retainers will prevent your teeth from shifting and lock in your bite for long-lasting results.
Book a Consultation With a Top Brooklyn Spark Aligners Provider
Are you ready to get a custom smile and better oral health? As a leading Brooklyn Spark Clear Aligners provider, I have the case experience to treat almost all patients with aligners, including those with complex issues.
Book a complimentary consultation at Fresh Orthodontics and see what’s possible with a digitally powered, personalized approach!