As a Park Slope orthodontist and Platinum Invisalign Provider, I’ve perfected a lot of smiles with Invisalign. In fact, Fresh Orthodontics is your Brooklyn Center for Invisalign and we’re among the leading providers in the city. While braces are still a great option, I know many patients love the esthetics and convenience of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen. Well, my team and I are here to help! After all, we firmly believe you should feel just as confident with the form of treatment you choose as you will when you see your results.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign involves a series of smooth, clear, BPA-free plastic aligners that slip over the teeth kind of like super comfortable, virtually invisible mouthguards. Your orthodontist sets up your treatment and designs your aligners and then the Invisalign lab prints them based on your doctor’s specifications. Because they’re custom-designed, in the hands of a great doctor, the aligners will fit like a glove and shift the teeth into place by applying steady, gentle, controlled force. Each set of removable aligners is programmed to achieve certain movements and as you make your way through the series, your new smile takes shape. Since the success of the entire treatment rests on your doctor’s skill at designing the aligners and they’re the person who actually programs the tooth movements, it’s important to choose an experienced provider (more on that later!).
What Does the Invisalign Procedure Entail?
Our Brooklyn Invisalign patients kick off their smile journey by coming in for a consultation at Fresh Orthodontics. At your consultation, a team member will take digital x-rays and photos. Then, I’ll perform a thorough exam. I’ll chat with you about your treatment goals and needs, walk you through your diagnosis, and answer any questions you have. Once you decide to move forward with clear aligners, we’ll also go over exactly what you can expect during treatment and everything you need to know, including the length of treatment, the Invisalign cost, your insurance coverage and our flexible financing options.
The next step is creating a digital 3D image of your mouth. Using the iTero digital scanner, a team member will take quick, comfortable scans of your teeth and gums with a small, handheld wand. Yup, that’s right. No gagging on goop-filled molds at our practice. Thanks to this technology, we can use the scans to create a lifelike model of your smile. I’ll then get to work planning your treatment. I map out each individual tooth movement directly on the model for the most precise treatment plan possible. I ensure certain teeth move at specific points throughout, meaning I’m controlling the amount of force and the timing of the force that every single tooth receives. As a big bonus, I’ll also be able to use the Invisalign Outcome Simulator to show you what your smile will look like when you finish treatment.
I send my specifications to the Invisalign lab. They then print your custom aligners based on my plan. You’ll pick them up at our office and wear them for about 22 hours per day, changing them every week Since there’s no hardware and the tooth movements are already programmed into the aligners, you won’t have to have adjustments done like you would with braces. Instead, you’ll simply pop in for a quick appointment every three to four months so I can ensure your treatment is on track.
Every smile is unique and it will depend on the severity of your case but for most of our Brooklyn Invisalign patients, treatment lasts anywhere between six months to the same as traditional braces. When your treatment is complete, you’ll take out your final set of aligners and show off your confident, beautiful smile.
What are the Advantages of Invisalign vs. Braces?
Is Invisalign worth it? For a lot of patients, yes, it is. When considering braces vs. Invisalign, it’s important to think about your lifestyle and personality. Like I said before, braces are an excellent treatment option. However, some patients feel self-conscious about having noticeable brackets and wires or they’re professionals and would prefer an under-the-radar solution. Others play sports or an instrument and don’t want the hassle of hardware. Here are some of the key advantages of Invisalign and Invisalign Teen:
- Almost Invisible – The aligners are smooth and clear, making them nearly invisible. Most people won’t notice you’re wearing them. You can smile with confidence all throughout treatment.
- Improved Comfort – The aligners are really comfortable. They’re designed especially for your mouth and you’ll get a perfect fit. The material is nice and smooth and won’t snag or cause accidental cuts or irritation to your lips and cheeks like brackets and wires can. Athletes and musicians rejoice!
- Removable – Invisalign aligners are removable, making them extremely convenient. You won’t have to interrupt your day-to-day life to get a smile you love. There are zero food restrictions because you’ll take them out to eat and drink. You’ll also remove them to brush and floss so oral hygiene is a breeze.
- Convenient and Saves Time – From your scans to the treatment planning, everything is digital, making the process convenient, comfortable and precise. You’ll spend less time in my chair, especially considering no adjustments are required, and you’ll get fantastic results to boot.
Why Choose the Brooklyn Center for Invisalign?
You’ve probably seen those mail-order aligners on the Internet or you may have come across a general dentist offering Invisalign for a reduced price. The truth is, it only takes a few hours in a weekend course to become a certified Invisalign provider. However, in reality, it takes hundreds of hours to become an expert in Invisalign. That’s on top of the years of orthodontic training an orthodontist receives to truly understand the mechanics of tooth movement. As awesome as Invisalign is, the treatment is only as effective as the person who plans it. So much goes on behind the scenes and the aligners are designed based on your orthodontist’s prescribed tooth movements. Invisalign simply prints them out, but your doctor is the one who controls how and when each tooth moves and ensures your results are lasting, healthy, and complement your facial structure. That’s why it’s essential to choose a certified specialist in orthodontics and to visit a practice like Fresh Orthodontics that has a high level of expertise. We’re the Brooklyn Center for Invisalign because:
- I’ve been an Invisalign provider since 2007! I’ve treated a significant number of patients and have the technical skill and knowledge to help patients of all ages get amazing results. I can treat almost all case types and levels of complexity with aligners just as well as I can with braces. In fact, I can even often treat patients with Invisalign who were told they weren’t a candidate for the treatment at other practices. I have the ability to facilitate complex tooth movements with aligners and attachments, if necessary. This makes clear aligners a viable option for almost everyone.
- I’m a certified specialist in orthodontics, and I received specialized training in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of malocclusion (the technical term for issues with size, positioning or spacing of the teeth and jaws). While it can be enticing to go with mail-order aligners or a general dentist who has done a few Invisalign cases, there’s more to the process than simply shifting a rogue tooth. Straightening your teeth is a medical procedure and having a qualified, trained professional set up your treatment plan and monitor you throughout the duration is the only way to ensure your bite will be aligned, functional and healthy.
- Due to our proficiency in clinical set-up and my team being well versed in coaching and setting patient expectations, you’ll only need to come in for appointments every three to four months during your treatment instead of the usual six to eight weeks. This is a huge time saver!
- Our bright, modern office is comfortable and cheerful. Swinging by for visits won’t feel like a chore.
- We invest in state-of-the-art technology like the iTero scanner, low-dose digital x-rays and digital systems so your Invisalign treatment will be precise and effective and you’ll see results sooner.
- Not only do my team and I pride ourselves on excellent clinical outcomes, we also make the experience fun (really!). While we take your care seriously, we definitely don’t take ourselves too seriously and we love building relationships with our patients.
- We aim to ensure Invisalign works for your needs and budget. We offer in-office, interest-free financing and flexible payment options.