Skip to main content

Community Blog

BlogCommunity

Important Message – Extended Office Closure

Hello Everyone, *UPDATED June 3rd* - Our office will be reopening to patients on Monday, June 8th. Find out more HERE. I am writing to inform you that we will not be reopening the office on April 6th as originally anticipated. Based on Governor Cuomo’s mandate for closure through April 15th, we can only assist with emergencies at this time, which is limited to severe pain, bleeding, or infection. The federal recommendation and that of the ADA are currently to remain closed to all non-essential elective procedures until April 30th. We are watching the same news updates as all of you and…
Dr. Ankush Khanna
April 3, 2020
mother holding her child's handBlogCommunity

12 FREE Kids Activities in Brooklyn; 4th Annual Guide

Summer is our favorite time of year at Fresh Orthodontics . The days are longer, the weather is warmer and we can finally swap our boots and jackets for shorts and sandals. Summer also gives us more time to spend with our families, exploring and enjoying everything our neighborhood has to offer. For the past three years, we’ve shared our best fun and free activities for kids in Brooklyn area. Our Brooklyn orthodontist clients always love our annual round-up, so we’ve brought it back for another year — and with two bonus additions, it’s better than ever! Trust us: with…
Dr. Ankush Khanna
June 26, 2019
image of people sitting in coffee shopBlogCommunity

The 17 Best Brooklyn Coffee Shops

There are so many amazing things about Brooklyn: the parks, the shopping, the awesome events, the food and your favorite Park Slope orthodontist, to name a few. Another thing we really excel at in our borough is the coffee! Our coffee shops are second to none. It makes sense. After all, in the 19th and early 20th century, the Arbuckle Brothers operated the largest coffee company in the United States out of Brooklyn and even roasted and sold the country’s first popular coffee brand, Ariosa. Our borough’s obsession with coffee continues to this day. Whether you just want to grab…
Dr. Ankush Khanna
March 13, 2019
women-riding-bike-to-reduce-carbon-emissionCommunityBlog

7 Simple Lifestyle Tips to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint

Want to go green but not sure where to start? Fresh Orthodontics has you covered. As an eco-friendly Brooklyn orthodontic practice, we use digital charting instead of paper, non-toxic sterilization systems and digital x-rays that don’t require film or chemicals to develop. These little changes add up and it’s no different on an individual level. By embracing some simple lifestyle tweaks, you too can reduce your carbon footprint. Go meatless a few days a week – How can you reduce your carbon footprint at home? Eat less meat! You don’t have to become a vegetarian or give up meat completely…
Dr. Ankush Khanna
October 12, 2018
7-Habits-that-will-Improve-Your-Work-Life-BalanceCommunityBlog

7 Habits that will Improve Your Work-Life Balance

When I’m not perfecting smiles as a Park Slope orthodontist, I’m involved in study clubs and professional organizations, and I keep up with continuing education. A lot of my time revolves around orthodontics, and it’s because I’m passionate about what I do. So, I completely understand how much dedication and sacrifice it takes to reach your career goals. However, it can’t always be all about work. I’m a dad and a husband too. One of the biggest things I’ve learned throughout the process of fulfilling my dreams is the importance of achieving work-life balance. It’s never going to be 50-50,…
Dr. Ankush Khanna
August 28, 2018
A pile of vegetable in a trayCommunityBlog

The Best Organic Restaurants in Brooklyn, NY

As a Park Slope orthodontist, Dr. Khanna gives his patients their dream smiles. This goes beyond straightening people’s teeth and also entails helping them experience amazing oral health. Of course, brushing, flossing, aligning your bite with braces or Invisalign and regularly visiting your dentist are all big components of said oral health. However, eating a well-rounded, balanced diet is important too. Thankfully, there are tons of organic restaurants in Brooklyn, NY, serving up fare that’s heavy on the fresh produce and good-for-you ingredients. Minimizing starchy, simple carbohydrates and added sugar, which are cavity-causing culprits, in favor of delicious but nutrient-rich…
Dr. Ankush Khanna
July 20, 2018
Park Slope Kids Neighborhood GuideBlogCommunity

Park Slope Kids Neighborhood Guide

We love having our orthodontic office in Park Slope. The neighborhood has so much character.  It’s super family-friendly, there’s tons going on, and the residents have really embraced Fresh Orthodontics. What more could we ask for?! As we’ve put down our roots in the community over the past few years, we’ve gotten to know the local happenings, hence our Brooklyn kids’ activity guides and our recent compilation of places for kids birthday parties in Brooklyn. Most of our team members are parents of young kids, so we’re always keeping our eyes open for fun new places to visit.  We thought…
Dr. Ankush Khanna
April 24, 2017