Skip to main content
Category

Community

image of people sitting in coffee shop

The 17 Best Brooklyn Coffee Shops

By Blog, Community

There are so many amazing things about Brooklyn: the parks, the shopping, the awesome events, the food and your favorite Park Slope orthodontist, to name a few. Another thing we really excel at in our borough is the coffee! Our coffee shops are second to none. It makes sense. After all, in the 19th and early 20th century, the Arbuckle Brothers operated the largest coffee company in the United States out of Brooklyn and even roasted and sold the country’s first popular coffee brand, Ariosa. Our borough’s obsession with coffee continues to this day. Whether you just want to grab…

Read More
women-riding-bike-to-reduce-carbon-emission

7 Simple Lifestyle Tips to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint

By Community, Blog

Want to go green but not sure where to start? Fresh Orthodontics has you covered. As an eco-friendly Brooklyn orthodontic practice, we use digital charting instead of paper, non-toxic sterilization systems and digital x-rays that don’t require film or chemicals to develop. These little changes add up and it’s no different on an individual level. By embracing some simple lifestyle tweaks, you too can reduce your carbon footprint. Go meatless a few days a week – How can you reduce your carbon footprint at home? Eat less meat! You don’t have to become a vegetarian or give up meat completely…

Read More
7-Habits-that-will-Improve-Your-Work-Life-Balance

7 Habits that will Improve Your Work-Life Balance

By Community, Blog

When I’m not perfecting smiles as a Park Slope orthodontist, I’m involved in study clubs and professional organizations, and I keep up with continuing education. A lot of my time revolves around orthodontics, and it’s because I’m passionate about what I do. So, I completely understand how much dedication and sacrifice it takes to reach your career goals. However, it can’t always be all about work. I’m a dad and a husband too. One of the biggest things I’ve learned throughout the process of fulfilling my dreams is the importance of achieving work-life balance. It’s never going to be 50-50,…

Read More
A pile of vegetable in a tray

The Best Organic Restaurants in Brooklyn, NY

By Community, Blog

As a Park Slope orthodontist, Dr. Khanna gives his patients their dream smiles. This goes beyond straightening people’s teeth and also entails helping them experience amazing oral health. Of course, brushing, flossing, aligning your bite with braces or Invisalign and regularly visiting your dentist are all big components of said oral health. However, eating a well-rounded, balanced diet is important too. Thankfully, there are tons of organic restaurants in Brooklyn, NY, serving up fare that’s heavy on the fresh produce and good-for-you ingredients. Minimizing starchy, simple carbohydrates and added sugar, which are cavity-causing culprits, in favor of delicious but nutrient-rich…

Read More
Park Slope Kids Neighborhood Guide

Park Slope Kids Neighborhood Guide

By Blog, Community

We love having our orthodontic office in Park Slope. The neighborhood has so much character.  It’s super family-friendly, there’s tons going on, and the residents have really embraced Fresh Orthodontics. What more could we ask for?! As we’ve put down our roots in the community over the past few years, we’ve gotten to know the local happenings, hence our Brooklyn kids’ activity guides and our recent compilation of places for kids birthday parties in Brooklyn. Most of our team members are parents of young kids, so we’re always keeping our eyes open for fun new places to visit.  We thought…

Read More
New York City

25 Facts About Brooklyn that are Hard to Believe

By Community

When we started our orthodontic clinic in Park Slope, we instantly fell in love with Brooklyn. It’s such a vibrant, exciting place to live and work. We wanted to learn more about our favorite borough, so we did some research at Fresh Orthodontics to uncover fun facts ranging from tidbits about Brooklyn history to surprising revelations. Ready to dominate trivia night? Here’s our favorite interesting facts about Brooklyn, New York! 1. If the borough of Brooklyn were a city on its own, it would be the fourth largest in the United States by population. More than 2.5 million people currently…

Read More
Kids Birthday Party

Our Favorite Spots for Kids Birthday Parties in Brooklyn

By Blog, Community

Considering Dr. Khanna really enjoys the company of his Park Slope orthodontic patients, it’s no wonder they get pretty close. He loves chatting with them about their latest adventures, which is probably why he tends to hear all about the latest Brooklyn kids birthday party ideas (or maybe it’s because he’s a big kid at heart himself). If you’re stumped on where to celebrate the day your kiddo came into the world, then you’re in the right place. Here’s Fresh Orthodontics’ guide to the best birthday party places for kids in Brooklyn. Brooklyn Robot Foundry – 303 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn Who wouldn’t…

Read More
pumpkin contest

Second Annual Pumpkin Picasso Competition

By Community, Blog
Our Second Annual Pumpkin Picasso Competition! It's back! We're hosting our second annual Pumpkin Picasso Competition on Facebook! Right now when you visit Fresh Orthodontics you'll be able to view ALL the pumpkins carved by local dental offices! We can't believe how amazing each and every single one of these pumpkins is, and we're so excited about how much effort went into all of them. Don't forget that these pumpkins will be donated to the Department of Pediactrics /PICU at the New York Methodist Hospital on October 28th, 2016. We can't wait to see the smiles these pumpkins bring to...
Read More